Thread: Value of: Penguin movable players
View Single Post
Old
05-17-2012, 02:38 AM
Bennett Brauer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riptide View Post
I guess we watched different games. While Sid was out, they played reasonably well defensively. When he came back, it went to a much more wide open style.

The difference between those last 3 weeks and the playoffs was that A MAF wasn't as good (not that it was all his fault), and B that when Philly was able to watch tape and pick us apart. Our PK that was top 5 in the league was what... 60%?

I'd be content with the same team next year other than Martin. I think we can make some changes to be better... but it wouldn't be the end of the world having the same team back.
At first when Crosby came back we played well defensively. We were winning games 5-2 and 5-1, Fleury was playing great and the defense was decent. When we lost to Ottawa 8-4 (with Thiessen), got swept by the Isles in the home and home series and lost to Philly what, 6-3, 6-4 on April 1?

Pens just quit playing to their abilities, this team is capable of solid defense and goaltending they just didn't.

But I do agree that we need to trade Martin, rest of the team is fine with a few minor changes. Shero already said he has free agents he already knows that he won't re-sign (I'm assuming Asham).

Bennett Brauer is offline   Reply With Quote