Thread: Proposal: Stl-Phx
View Single Post
Old
05-17-2012, 04:33 AM
Shepard

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novacain View Post
Man, I... I really don't follow Phoenix fans logic in this thread. You say you want to see if he can play before you make a decision, but the sole reason he probably won't get a chance to play is you have no spot for him. And unless you make a trade or OEL or Yandle get hurt, there will never be a spot for him on your team. On the Coyotes his upside is 3rd pairing defensemen for the long term future, because there is no way you demote Yandle or OEL to the 3rd.

I mean... I just don't get it. I understand not taking this trade, but unless you put Gormley through a huge culture shock to move him to the other side, he's going to be stuck behind your depth. One of the major reasons the Kings are so succesful right now is because they took a chance and made a big trade that made sense to their build. That's generally how you win in the NHL.
You keep saying Yandle and OEL are roadblocks to Gormley playing in our top four, but Gormley is likely able to play on the right side, just like many other left handed shots that can't be slotted in on the left side.

Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote