View Single Post
Old
05-17-2012, 10:02 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
I'd like to think that as well. One thing to consider is that after getting seemingly hosed in the last CBA, the players went out and got Fehr, who's known to be a hard nosed negotiator as per his baseball days. That being said, NHL will want to cut players share of the take which is about 57. Of total revenue. If the nhlpa can cut it to 50% and get concessions from the NHL than the can work it out. I'm not sure what they could get from the NHL that could come close to making that concession though. If taking a smaller cut of the revenue is a non starter than I can easily see a lockout.

You have to keep in mind that most teams are in the US in non hockey markets. Most of the owners see their team as a money making business. If they have to shut it down for a season and no lose money, their fine with that if it means being more profitable from a business stand point which it absolutely will be. It's not too far fetched to believe a lock put is possible.
The league has grown too much in the states in the last few years, and thier new deal with NBC is getting really good numbers as well.

They wont undo all that work with a lockout.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote