View Single Post
Old
05-17-2012, 10:07 AM
TonsofPuppies*
#ThePriceIsRight

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Depends on the situation of the game. If he put up an .857 giving up goals like he did today, most fans would do the rational thing and realize that "Hey, maybe we should show up for the first period" or "Hey, maybe our players shouldn't take stupid penalties when our penalty kill sucks so much".

The fact of the matter is, Canada once again shot themselves in the foot by A: not playing up to their potential and B: taking stupid penalties. The same thing that they've been doing all tournament.

The stat argument works for those who didn't watch the game. Thank god those that actually make the decisions actually watch the games and don't rely simply on stats.
Don't get me wrong. I've been the most critical Canadian fan on these boards throughout this tournament. Look at my post history. I've called this team things like embarrassing, pathetic, a joke, etc. In no way am I defending the teams play and saying Ward lost the game for us. But he was not without his bad moments. It wasn't his fault we lost, but he contributed to the loss effort just as much as everyone else on the team.

TonsofPuppies* is offline   Reply With Quote