View Single Post
Old
05-17-2012, 02:58 PM
mike bowman

vCash: 500
nickels
I support Tigers response but I'm happy that they are moving forward to improving the Minor Midget program in the North...it would be nice for the GNML to allow Minor Midget teams(SOO/Sudbury)to play in their league... than critics can finally embrace the GNML...until this is done people will continue to have their opinions .

Well I support Tigers response regarding player development as well . I am just saying the GNML is not to blame in this argument . The OHF and the NOHA set the rules by which minor hockey is governed not the GNML . If the process has been flawed in the past the questions should go there . As for interlocking games between teams from the league and the minor midgets , that too is an NOHA decision . As for participating in the league as franchises , it is a major midget league . There ice limitations in most centers and time constraints on league play . It would be a tough fit even if there was a decision to allow it made by the OHF and the NOHA . The NOHA is doing it's best to address the situation and I'm sure things will improve over the next few years . Out of curiosity , do any of the southern minor midget teams play in major midget leagues ?

Concerning the players to watch from the region I will concur on your selections . Speers is a a special player without a doubt but I think he will be playing for the North Stars next year if my information is correct . I have seen most of the others you mentioned at least once and they are all very good . Young Locke from IF is very good as well but the jump from A competition is a bit bigger than for some of the others . Having seen him several times though , I believe he can adapt . I understand he has skated in Timmins already with the Majors and possibly Kap as well . He is going to try for the minor team in Sudbury a well . New this year in Timmins is a AAA peewee team that will compete together . It has players from Timmins , Iroquois Falls and Kirkland Lake . Should make the Timmins AAA bantam team more competitive in a few years . The development landscape is changing in the North as I have said .