Old
05-17-2012, 03:04 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
2.[EDM/CBJ] Linus Omark and Theo Peckham for Marc Methot. This was rumored around the deadline but never came to fruition. Methot's inclusion on Team Canada was, to me, a bit of a head-scratcher as he is decent, but I thought there were better defencemen out there, so my completely baseless theory is that Kevin Lowe was getting an up-close-and-personal look at him with future Oilers coach Brent Sutter. Methot can play in the Oilers Top 4 next year, whereas there's probably no more room for Peckham. Omark wants out and he'll have a better opportunity at playing NHL hockey with Columbus than Edmonton. Columbus does this, if for no other reason, than to ditch Methot's salary.
I fully and enthusiastically support this idea. Peckham is perfectly fine as a fill-in for our bottom pairing. Omark would be one of several other undersized scoring wingers we'd have, but he's a bit more experienced than most and we can always use him on shootouts or something.

I suspect a vocal handful of Jackets fans might object, though, on the basis that it's a trade with Edmonton.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote