View Single Post
Old
05-17-2012, 05:37 PM
sabremike

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Problematique View Post
Hi all, hopefully you guys can help an Aussie Ranger out.

I've booked my second New York trip for this December (Would kill to be at the Garden now but ).

Anyway, this time I'm staying for a few weeks rather than the 10 days which I didn't get to do much besides the Pinstripe Bowl, Lady Liberty, a Rangers game and a Prince concert.

Firstly when will the NHL 12/13 schedule come out? I want to get to as many Rangers games as possible.

Besides the Bronx for Yankee Stadium, I didn't get to visit any of the other boroughs besides Manhattan last trip. What are some cool places in Brooklyn to check out? Any other recommendations?

How accessible are Boston/Philly/Chicago/Washington? Am I right in assuming you can take the train to all of them? Could any body give me some rough figures and some reccomendations for nice hotels and must check out spots?

Thanks and go Rangers!
I'm just hoping there IS a 2012-13 season at this point. While Greyhound goes to Boston, Philly and Washington there are a network of busses in Chinatown that go to all 3 on a regular basis for much less than Greyhound (it's how I get to Philly as it's $24 for a round trip). You can also go to Philly via train from Penn Station for less than Amtrak by taking New Jersey Transit to Trenton and transfering to a SEPTA line to Philly. SEPTA will take you to Center City, and from there it's an easy walk to the Broad Street line that takes you right to the sports complex (if you are interested in taking a trip to WFC for a game). As for BKYN, as was pointed out the Barclays Center is opening and is right on a subway hub so it's easy to get to. If you come early in the basketball season you might have to pay more on the secondary market for Nets tixs because of the novelty but if the team stinks as expected you probably will be able to get them cheap. Hope that Helps!