Thread: Value of: Rick Nash
View Single Post
Old
05-17-2012, 05:11 PM
bigfatfist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
I'm not saying these guys should be considered center peices to a Nash deal because they shouldn't but I think you are not giving enough credit to Kulemin or Macarthur

Granted Kuli had a down year last year but his point totals rose the 1st 3 years of his career including a 30 goal season and he's solid on D as well as cheap he made just 2.35 million last year plus he's got size and he's young.

C mac has also proven he can play in the top 6 with back to back 20+ goal seasons he is also relatively young and cheap at just over 3 million. His production did drop last year but that was mostly due to the drop in Kuli's production. Either guy would add speed to your lineup.

I'm not saying either guy should be the main component to a Nash trade because neither guy will be or should be.

What I am saying is I believe they can be in the deal and I think they are 2 guys the jackets would show interest in as both could play in the top 6 while both being relatively young and cheap. and fast.

Obiviously there would need to be more in there, a lot more I would think but they are parts that are worth looking at
Hahaha...I agree with you. They're reasonable NHL players, and have some value in a trade - but they're not the kind that other teams covet. When Kulemin has more than 1 good year (production wise) his value will start to go up to where it should be. Till then, why would another team take that risk, especially heading into an RFA year.

Judging by a number of threads here, even Leaf fans would take Pavelski/Clowe over Kulemin/Mac

bigfatfist is offline   Reply With Quote