View Single Post
Old
05-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Circulartheory
@danccchan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utterly Disgusting View Post
I haven't voted yet. Can fans of either Reilly or Trouba, convince me who to vote for? I have a basic understanding of their talents. From what I've read, Reilly has a higher offensive ceiling (which the Wild lack from their defense) and Trouba has better defensive instincts and a mean streak.

Is that an accurate description of what separates them?

I guess, I'm just trying to fill in the blanks. Who is the better skater and passer? Who has the higher hockey IQ? Etc...

Thanks for any help.
It is hard to say exactly who has the higher impact potential to the Wild but basically Rielly is an elite puckmoving prospect who is mobile but has questions of his defensive play. Trouba is a mixture of size, skating, and skill. Trouba's offensive upside is as high as anyone elses but there are questions of him because he is quite raw.

I say Trouba because his upside is huge, has the tools to become an elite defenseman with size, skating, a huge shot, and defensive awareness. He is a prospect who's development is on an upward curve. Rielly is good but he lacks the size that Trouba has.

In addition, he'll most likely represent USA for two more times, which is great for his development playing against the top junior players in the world, while Rielly may not have that chance.

Circulartheory is offline   Reply With Quote