View Single Post
Old
03-25-2006, 07:29 AM
King Fish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
I think Carter is really starting to come into his own now. More importantly, it seems that he looks more confident out there. That's what I can't get over. Over the past few games, he's been really leading the charge with regards to his play and I think he's finally clued in on how effective of a player he can be at this level.

I'll consider this year a washout in terms of how Carter does. He'd been playing on a line where really, he was getting spoonfed his minutes at first and finally, his minutes have been increasing significantly each game.

I think year two will be more representative of Carter establishes himself and I can see an 70 to 75 point season out of him. Year three should be the year that he'll blow the roof off. Right now, I'd say only three players from the first round of his draft year that have really outplayed him. Those three I'd say would be Staal, Vanek, and Phaneuf. And with the exception of probably Richards, you could make a case that Carter should have been a top 5 pick that year. That's pretty darned good.

The good news is that Carter should only get better and better. There's no reason why he can't have Staal-like production in the future.
Completely agree. I think his ice time has increased a bit, which would allow to get a feel for the game. It is very hard to get any kind of flow with 8 min of ice time. As for speed, I think Gagne has a faster playing speed where Carter would win a flat out race. Either way, Carter should be one hell of a player for years to come.