View Single Post
Old
05-17-2012, 07:42 PM
nmbr_24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
5 Trades I'd Like to See Happen

1. [NYI/WAS] Kyle Okposo for Mike Green. This is entirely based on my complete fantasy of Scott Gordon becoming Washington's new head coach. Okposo always plays his best with Gordon (When Gordon was the Isles HC and this past WC) so Washington adds a power forward to take Semin's Top 6 slot. Islanders don't have to worry about qualifying Green at too high of a price because they have lots of cap space. Caps can move Carlson into Green's spot and re-sign Wideman.

2.[EDM/CBJ] Linus Omark and Theo Peckham for Marc Methot. This was rumored around the deadline but never came to fruition. Methot's inclusion on Team Canada was, to me, a bit of a head-scratcher as he is decent, but I thought there were better defencemen out there, so my completely baseless theory is that Kevin Lowe was getting an up-close-and-personal look at him with future Oilers coach Brent Sutter. Methot can play in the Oilers Top 4 next year, whereas there's probably no more room for Peckham. Omark wants out and he'll have a better opportunity at playing NHL hockey with Columbus than Edmonton. Columbus does this, if for no other reason, than to ditch Methot's salary.

3. [NAS/BOS] Alexander Radulov to Boston for Anton Khokhlachev and a pick. Nashville cuts bait with the distraction that is Radulov, getting a potential player and a pick, in return. Boston hopes Radulov turns into an affordable difference-maker for their Top 6.
4. [PHI/LA] Simon Gagne to Philadelphia for Marc-Andre Bourdon. Gagne goes back to where he began his career and adds some leadership to a youthful Philadelphia team, going back to the team that never should've traded him in the first place. LA adds a bottom-pairing defenceman and deducts some salary which allows...

5. [LA/DET] Matt Greene for Justin Abdelkader. Detroit has always lacked grit along their blueline and Greene will provide that. Abdelkader is another big-bodied hard-forechecking forward that will fit in perfectly on LA's third line. Also, Greene can be replaced along the blueline by one of LA's AHL prospects (Jake Muzzin) and the money saved can be used to try and retain Jarret Stoll and/or Dustin Penner.
I think that is a pretty tough sell to Boston. They would be trading for a guy who already decided once before to just walk away from the NHL and they would be trading a prospect who may be every bit as good as Radulov eventually plus a pick.

That just doen't sound like the kind of deal the Bruins make.

Now if they would go for a Carl Soderberg for Radulov swap, you got a deal. Both give you the risk that they will never show up to play in North America, both are highly skilled players.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote