Thread: Speculation: Iggy
View Single Post
Old
05-17-2012, 08:06 PM
MarkGio

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by redmile View Post
lets for a moment take out "fan of iggy" or whatever you want to call it and look at just fact and trends.

For the last 11 years Iggy has played at least 70 games with the last 7 years of his career playing 82 games 6 time, and this is towards his so called tail end of his career cause he is old, as someone said before, aside from a big injury trend suggest he can and still be able to perform yet another 82 game season, he will be 35 for next season, he isn't that different compared to 2 or 3 years ago, it will show in 2 to 3 years from now, but between now and then, there just isn't going to be any difference in his performance.

now looking at the 11 years, he has pot 30 or more goals as someone suggested, some years more than others, his goals come from his one timers, its about knowing where to be and when to be there, age isn't going to hinder that part of his game, to suddenly suggest or believe that iggy will drop off from his average of 38 goals a year for the last 11 years is just not educated prediction, I would believe it when I see a sample of numbers suggesting it, but an educated guess at this point for the next 2 seasons has iggy potting at least 30 goals.
I don't even have to show the numbers and run the math to know Iggy is still an elite player, regardless of what others believe. I'm a numbers guy for sure, so if someone is going to make claims without factual support, they better be prepared to be scrutinized. In the situation where Iggy drops to 20 goals and 40 pts, then I'll run the numbers to defend Iggy's ability or value. But as of now, the facts are clear.... the guy is still carrying this team. And that's not including his pretty good semi-tangible stats, such as hitting, face-offs and fights

MarkGio is online now   Reply With Quote