View Single Post
Old
05-17-2012, 08:41 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Yeah, Kreider's maturity and approach to learning the game is pretty impressive. York said he was wanting to spend a bunch of time watching tape, we hear that he's a workout freak, that he's always working on improving his skills, even his skating which is already great. He's one of those guys that while you know he had some work to do (and honestly still does), you also know he has a fantastic work ethic and is very smart and able to learn the things he needs to. I think him picking up on NHL level play so quickly is a testament to both his physical abilities and his mental abilities.
This is why i always believed in him. Its not just his physical tools, he has always had the character and work ethic to continually strive toward being a better player.

And his desire to win.

The game isn't always about, and the best players aren't always just the most skilled. Its a mental game, too. You get out of it what you put into it.

And that's the identity of this club now.

The Rangers are going to continue drafting players who have that mind set, and who have a foundation of physical tools.

That's why J.T. Miller was the obvious pick last June. And he's another one that is going to be a heck of a player.

While it threw me for a loop at the time, McIlrath was the pick for the same reason.

They're building a culture here.

I can't see them straying from that culture any time soon. Especially not when it got them to the Conference Finals.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote