View Single Post
Old
05-17-2012, 09:47 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calle62 View Post
It's hard to do that when you're 3 rounds deep into the playoffs.

I mean, I feel you, Bickel can be atrocious and should not be on this team if it plans to contend for longer than just this year, but given the lack of ready, available options, it isn't exactly a cut & dry move, IMO.

It's hard to overestimate the importance of physical strength and conditioning in the playoffs. Erixon has never played an NHL playoff game, and his strength, physically, is his #1 weakness. Even with Eminger, he's played one game in the last, what, 4, 5 months? I doubt he can step in and be able to perform at a good enough level, physically, to replace Bickel. It's the definition of a Catch-22, and while it sucks to not have better options, it's what we're down to at this point. Let it be a lesson learned should we be knocked out in either of the next two rounds.
ok fine dont put in Erixon put in Eminger. I disagree Eminger has more experience and has been practicing for a while now, he can step in ,still hits, Bickel is not going to get into a fight in the playoffs. Why is it so hard to make a change on 6th D? Heck Scott and Woywitka are just about as good a Bickel. Ok maybe not

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote