View Single Post
Old
05-17-2012, 09:01 PM
Frank the Tank
The Oiler Tankers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gago View Post
How is player B responsible? Since when is "trying to avoid a completely unnecessary hit" "putting yourself in a vulnerable position"? "Gray area"? Are you even serious? So you say that every player should just let others hit him as they wish, and like your countrymen said, just stand there and "take it like a real man"? The diving accuse is just insulting. Not to Mikuš, not to Slovakia, but to the game of hockey. You are either lying to yourselves or just blind, that was a reckless season-ending hit. Unintentional maybe, but reckless, pointless... Dirty hit and an injury-causing hit = 5 minutes, bottom line.

Honestly, what would you say it the roles were reversed? You would be the first ones to shout "UNCIVILIZED COMMUNIST EASTERN EUROPEAN BARBARIANS, THEY SHOULDN'T EVEN BE ALLOWED TO PLAY HOCKEY!"

Seriously Canada, I like you, you play great hockey every year including this year, but have at least some decency and learn how to lose. Instead of making up excuses and destroying your own cities when you lose.
Mikuš jumped out of the way to avoid the hit, leaving behind his lower leg behind to bear the brunt of the impact. I compared such a move to turning you back at the last minute on an opponent who is trying to hit you along the boards. In both situations one is not giving one's opponent a chance to adjust his point of attack and, indeed, are leaving a more vulnerable part of your body in the path of contact. Had Mikuš not jumped at the last minute, the knee injury would not have occurred because his torso would have received the force of the impact. A person's torso can flex backward/sideway; a knee cannot. Getzlaf did not shift his knee outwards at all (i.e., reaching for the knee-on-knee contact). Overall, yes I believe players who are injured can, in certain situations, be jointly responsible for injury by putting themselves in vulnerable situations