View Single Post
Old
05-17-2012, 09:58 PM
clayman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
I can relate, played 5-6 years when I was a kid but was lazy and didn't work on my skating and stopped when I was like 12. Started skating again 30 years later (5 years ago) and started playing hockey again 2 years ago and am completely hooked - play about 4-6 hrs a week now between league and instructional.

I feel kinda like the Morgan Freeman character in Shawshank Redemption when he says he would like to talk some sense into his younger self. But what the hell, it is what it is, enjoy.

The skating comes back pretty quickly (I was probably a bit better than I remembered) and since I actually work on it now I'm a better skater now than when I was a kid even though I learn slower than then.

Anyway, good luck and have fun! If you're married, tell your wife to get used to smelly gear and weird game hours!
Thanks for the motivation! It will be a while to get my legs back under me but this is an absolute blast and I can't believe I waited this long! And my wife is used to odd smells in the garage and being gone alot- I've been racing dirt bikes for years! Different gear, same odor! lol...

clayman is offline   Reply With Quote