Old
05-18-2012, 12:59 AM
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
Here is why it's worth $60:

#1. It's a modern D2. It really is. It has that "My God i just spent 4 hours playing' feel to it.
#2. The multiplayer is no longer a PITA. You don't have to setup games with friends, have everyone join at once. You see a friend online playing? Click 'join game'. That's it. Want a friend online to play with you? Click 'invite'. Want to play with strangers? Make game public. Everyone gets individual loot, so no fighting over pieces.
#3. Missing a nice rare shoulder? There's a public AH where you can spend your gold (or real money, if you are into that sort of thing).
#4. It's blizzard. Everything about the production quality of the game is top notch. From the soundtrack to the cinematics, everything feels like it has a high level of polish on it and that alot of work went into making each class fun and there is enough randomness in it to keep things interesting.

My advice: buy D3. When Torchlight 2 comes out, buy that too. When most $60 games gets you 15 hours or so game play, D3 gets you hundreds of hours. D3 is probably the most fun I've had playing a game since the first bioshock. Definitely the most engrossing. And if you can find the collectors edition, it has a light up USB soulstone to corrupt your PC for all eternity. Totally worth the extra $40
What really bothers me is that in a game where you can choose to play single player you still have to be connected online. Screw you and your servers, let me play.