View Single Post
Old
05-18-2012, 01:08 AM
Peter James Bond

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses Doughty View Post
Never saw Dwight King making it in the NHL after the last call up. Boy was I dead wrong
Me too. We have seen the difference DS has made with this team.
I think what has been happening that largely goes unnoticed...is that DL and Hextall and staff are developing kids into players in Manchester. DL talked a lot about that, when he came on - about developing kids into men and into players with character.

They are teaching, molding and developing our draft choices into players who can step up and contribute in the NHL. Not every one in Manchester will play for the Kings...but I have never seen such a success level of so many of these players come from the minors in the Kings system in years past and do this well. I do not think our players in the system in years past lacked skill - I more believe they were not groomed like they are now.

It is rarely instant, in their first callup, (Voynov looked ready from day 1 this year - his skill is topnotch and he was a pro at 16) but they get a taste and they see what it takes, go back to the minors and work. The second time back they are better. The depth has never been better.

We are talking about resigning Penner, as we need a second line left wing next year. I am happy with Penner's play in the playoff's, but I would be fine if he signs elsewhere and we put King on the second line. Why not? He's only going to get better.

Peter James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote