Nyr & stl
View Single Post
05-18-2012, 05:11 AM
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Danbury, CT
Originally Posted by
The Rangers have been molding their team with North American players that hustle, willing to sacrifice their bodies to block pucks, check the body, and have a tremendous work ethic.
Gaborik has been a great player for us but I think Torts gets frustrated with him. If he's not scoring, Torts wants him to give an all out effort and block shots, check, etc.
Is this a fair trade?
Why the Blues would do it?
They were the 9th worst team in the NHL in scoring goals. Adding a player that can potential put up 40+ goals should help a lot.
Why the Rangers do it?
1. Backes can be a 25-30 goal scorer
2. He finished 12th in the NHL for forwards in blocked shots
3. He finished 12th in the NHL for forwards in hits
4. His cap hit is 4.5M which the Rangers save 3M that can be used to help sign Parise in the offseason. Parise can offset the goals lost from Gaborik.
5. He's from North America
6. He is DEFINITELY the mold of what Torts looks for.
What do you guys think?????
Blues say no.
Rangers won't make the offer.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by pld459666