View Single Post
Old
05-18-2012, 07:39 AM
HabsSlappy

vCash: 500
A lot of people on the main board trading for Plekanec. This is the reason that I think we should be trading him...there is a lot of interest in him and we could potentially get an overpayment.

Plekanec for the 6th overall from Anaheim + a prospect

Plekanec for the 11th and 16th overall from Washington. Many throwing Laich in deals as well.

Listen...I love Plekanec and think he is a very valuable player, but Montreal needs to decide on a new direction and start building for the future. Pleks probably only has one or two more years before he starts declining. The time to sell him is now. Go get some picks and prospects for him and build for the future.

I like him going to Washington for the 11th and 16th.

I would then use our Nashville second rounder to move up to 7th or 8th.

3rd: Galchenyuk
7th: Terravainen, Forsberg, Grigorenko, Dumba, Reilly, Murray, Trouba (depending who is there and who Timmins likes).
16th: Grigorenko, Faksa, Ceci, Aberg, Collberg
33rd: Jankowski, Laughton, Gaunce, Wilson
63rd: Samuelsson, Sutter

My picks: Galchenyuk, Forsberg, Ceci, Jankowski, Samuelsson

Getting 5 players like that would be a huge coup for this team and would put us in a great position moving forward. Add them to our core of Price, Subban, Pacioretty, Eller, Leblanc, Gallagher, Kristo, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Ellis and we start to build something special.

2014-15 Lineup:
Pacioretty (26yo) - Desharnais (28yo) - Cole (36yo)
Forsberg (21yo) - Galchenyuk (21yo) - Gallagher (23yo)
Leblanc (23yo) - Eller (25yo) - Kristo (24yo)
White (26yo) - Bournival (22yo) - Schultz (25yo)

Subban (26yo) - Gorges (30yo)
Beaulieu (22yo) - Emelin (29yo)
Tinordi (23yo) - Ceci (21yo)
Ellis (23yo)

Price (27yo)

Average age: 25 years old

I think that would be a young talented team that would be set for the future. There would also be some competition for spots. It is quite possible that Jankowski beats our Kristo or Samuelsson beats out Schultz or one of our players are replaced with a top notch UFA.

I am not even counting that we may have another top 10 pick next year in a strong draft as well as 3 second rounders already. I would be selling at the deadline next year to get more first and second rounders.