View Single Post
Old
05-18-2012, 09:08 AM
RayzorIsDull

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jughead42 View Post
The memorial cup is more than just the games, its a festival of junior hockey which got a collective yawn from the Mississauga community. Selling out and having a half empty building is hardly anything to be proud of. Mississauga's host team wasn't even all that good when the dust settled, I'm pretty sure Windsor could have put a comparable team on the ice had it been awarded.
I think this whole festival of hockey is overblown. In Rimouski there wasn't a huge buzz in the city. The beer tents before the game were only 1/4 full. In Brandon the hockeyhouse was never that great until after the game but the hockeyhouse closes at midnight. My friend is going up to Shawinigan this year I will be interested to see if there is some kind of buzz in the city. I think the buzz is created moreso by the team that you have hosting it. I wouldn't under estimate the fact if a team loses in the playoffs early that hurts. If we put Windsor in the same situation and they lost early in the playoffs I bet that would hurt a lot.