Thread: Speculation: Would you take Carle back?
View Single Post
Old
05-18-2012, 11:05 AM
BobbyClarkeFan16

vCash: 500
I'm flabbergasted at how people on here want to get rid of Carle, yet the replacements people have talked about, Jason Garrison and Denis Wideman, are probably even worse defenders.

Do I think Matt Carle is worth 5 million bucks a year? No, not until his defensive game really solidifies. Is he worth 4 million? Absolutely. For the skill set he brings to the table, he'd definitely a 4 million a year defenseman.

Would I like Carle back? I would. He's been very receptive to the coaching he's received and he's a much better player now than he was when he first arrived. I'd love to see a real defensive expert help Matt out in terms of defensive zone play and how to tighten up his game (once again, a guy like Eric Desjardins would be fabulous in that role).

It's clear that Suter is going to be the guy who is going to command a lot of money and attention this off season. Carle will be the second most wanted defenseman after him. I'm prepared that the Flyers will lose him and will make a trade for a younger guy instead.

BobbyClarkeFan16 is offline   Reply With Quote