View Single Post
Old
05-18-2012, 12:14 PM
ozo

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ult View Post
Well, because it was mentioned time and time again by the governor of Sverdlovsk region (well, now he's ex governor), also the hall is mentioned in a city development plan for the upcoming years. I'm not sure that Avto will drop from KHL, to me personally it looks like they're waiting for savior to be assigned to them by Putin to pump millions into the club (much like Rosneft and CSKA), rather than investing in it themselves. Hard to say.
But even if it's not about hockey, there is a realistic market need for a huge modern concert hall in such a big city, and I believe it will be built anyway, seeing as they have no troubles building skyscrapers which aren't any cheaper than arenas.
Yeah, I kinda wish the league would be much stricter about forcing clubs to drop the Soviet mentality, that good things will happen by itself. Well, CSKA got lucky, but that was more of exception. Too often club owners think that, we gave 20M $ for wages and that's that - our job is done. And then they whine that people aren't coming to to watch games without realizing that everything else besides the hockey is in pretty dire condition in their organizations. Oh well, let's hope Yekaterinburg will get its **** together.

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote