View Single Post
Old
05-18-2012, 12:41 PM
dereksutton9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Better to look forward than to wax on about the past, no?
True but it's not like there's any other Spits news to talk of. Boards are all about opinion and discussion right? What if's are perfect topics in that case ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Every game was sold out for the tourney in Mississauga the empty seats were ones that couldn't be sold on the secondary market so you may view it was embarrasment but fact is those tickets were sold.
Sold versus used are different things as already debated. I would think the CHL would want both as opposed to tickets being bought and fans dressed in disguise as seats.

Quote:
The media angle you portray is lame in my opinion. The media hardly gives the CHL much publicity as it is.
That's my point. You give the less knowledgeable (and lazy) side of the media an opportunity to latch onto perhaps one of the most recognizable figures in the CHL with Ellis. It's an easy puff piece for any media member regardless where he/she is from. Plus the concept of a threepeat, downtrodden Windsor, Mickey, etc. Lot's of easy fodder that may be rehashed but still easy to put out there. Aside from Cameron, Shugg and Cszikas, you had to dig for angles to cover on the Majors.

Quote:
I agree that the bidding process is ridiculous but nobody has come up with a better system.
Agree. It's a crappy process but unless you have a few major cities that could have a financially successful tournament regardless of a local team being in it, it's impossible to make a neutral site or late decision work.

Sadly, if you think about it, a neutral site set up would probably work with London.

Quote:
Spits lost Timmins, Mitchell, Young, Hall, Fowler, Nemisz, Henrique, Grubauer, Cundari, Wellwood. Hard to spin in my mind why Windsor had the team to win an OHL championship and Memorial Cup for a 3rd straight year. They might have been better with Shugg and Cantin but still not deserving of a Memorial Cup in my mind.
As others have stated, Campbell was in the fold with the imports to follow. Plus Rychel has the track record of making successful moves. As hard of a time it is for you to imagine a Cup caliber team for Windsor, I have an even harder time believing Mississauga was in much better of a position at the time of the selection win.

Quote:
Furthermore when you say parity is all about giving teams the opportunity to build a winner and not pass out a championship. Well until the drafting process in the CHL changes and the bad teams are rewarded by getting the best players in a draft without any draft games being played then we can complain.
Let's remember here that it takes two to dance and the kids/parents are just as liable in the shenanigans. The OHL has tried to help that with all the rules around 1st rounders not reporting but if prospects don't see a team as where they want to play, who else but that team is liable and how much more can the League fix that reputation issue? Hand them the host bid right?

Quote:
Derek you're a smart guy ...
That's libel. You'll be hearing from my lawyer. lol