View Single Post
Old
05-18-2012, 01:29 PM
Tortfesor

vCash: 500
Kerry Fraser calls Brown a diver

Link to TSN:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=396253

"I have always admired the quiet leadership and aggressive, hard-hitting play that Dustin Brown has demonstrated throughout his NHL career, similarly to how I described Chris Neil of the Ottawa Senators in a previous column. Last night, the similarity between Brown and Neil did not just end with these admirable characteristics but also in a successful effort to draw a penalty by embellishing the push/shove of the stick by Oliver Ekman-Larsson. Brown's reaction was not proportional to the force exerted by Ekman-Larsson but was rewarded with a power play in a city where Oscar's are given for outstanding performances. Dustin Brown's was not that deserving in this case.

For tough, hard-nosed players such as Brown, Neil and others, it is most unbecoming when they employ this tactic. It does harm to their reputation and they join an undesirable list of known offenders when their embellishment causes embarrassment to the referee and the game. Once a player skates down the slippery slope of embellishment, I can assure you it causes every referee to question that player's honesty when determining a legitimate foul. I would have to suspect that previous history and reputation had something to do with the embellishment penalty that was assessed to Dustin Brown in Game 2 after taking a hard slash to the back of his knee from Mike Smith."

Tortfesor is offline   Reply With Quote