View Single Post
Old
05-18-2012, 02:37 PM
BobRouse

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwarden View Post
Yeah, Semin is easily replaced. I mean look, he doesn't compare favorably with the most coveted free agent in the NHL. He's probably only the 2nd most coveted forward. Easily replaced.
haha so true.

SO many people seem to want Semin out the door and say "his 6.7 mil can be used to find 2 players/another scorer"

They just don't understand that these "scorers" are simply not out there. Heck Leino got $4.5 million! Grabovski $5.5 mil without even hitting UFA status!

We lack 2nd line scoring to begin with. With no Kuznetsov it really doesn't solve any problems by letting Semin go easily. We still don't have a 2nd line center. Now we will need TWO scoring 2nd line players if we let him walk and its hard enough to find ONE!

We need to restock our prospect pool so I don't believe its wise to trade away young assets for scrub vets or overpaid smallish/softish ones (Ribiero/Plekanec)

Alot of people will probably get their wish...Semin will be gone and start scoring in bunches for his next team...

You never know what you have til its gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
i dont mind semin leaving as long as we replace him with more scoring, which i dont think GMGM can
Assuming if he was competent enough to do so he still probably couldn't. Cruddy UFA market. We'd have to trade multiple young assets and with this now "weak" draft the value of those picks is lowered (and we need them to begin with)

We are not getting Parise. Maybe the scrub Kostitsyn brothers will replace him and our crappery will show.

BobRouse is offline   Reply With Quote