View Single Post
Old
05-18-2012, 03:59 PM
pld459666

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Gaborik has hit 40 twice in 2 years here...

Was 3rd in the NHL in goals this year...

Scored our biggest goal since 1997...

Is our 2nd leading scorer in the postseason when we're on a run to the ECF...

And we're now trading him because he was benched for a 10 minute spell in game 2.

I think I speak for a number of people when I say what the ****?

Parise is a whole other issue. He is a get your nose dirty player. All we heard in 08-09 is the Rangers didn't have a dynamic presence, and Gaborik has been that and more for us. People shouldn't be surprised that when teams buckle down in the playoffs scoring drops. It drops for everyone save a couple truly special type guys like Richards.
I have no hate for Gaborik. I like the dynamic that he provides.

I personally prefer to retain the youth of the team and come the summer of 2013, the Rangers are going to find themselves between a rock and a hard place as it relates to retaining our core youth.

Moving Gaborik has nothing to do with the player, just an ability to shed 7.5 in salary allowing us to retain the core youth.

Moving the Gaborik contract will allow the Rangers to continue adding picks and prospects so that we can CONTINUE to fuel the jet so to speak.

Fact is cap casualties are a part of the NHL and if you have a system that produces quality NHL players, you can afford to make that kind of move.

Unless he stays at 4.5 million or less which I doubt.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote