Thread: Confirmed Signing with Link: Avalanche re-sign Milan Hejduk [1 year/$2m]
View Single Post
Old
05-18-2012, 03:31 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Honestly I dont think his game has dropped as much as it looked like last season.

I think the biggest problem for him was that when he got the Captaincy, he tried to be a leader to hard and stopped focusing on his game, and because of this he played significantly worse then he could. He was playing pretty well in October and November, then it went down hill.

I think one of two things will happen this year. He'll either mutually agree to give the C to someone else, as he likely realized that it hurt his game. Or he'll revert back to previous years when he wasnt the Captain, and instead of focusing so much on acting like a leader, he'll play his game how he's played for so long, and be a leader on the ice.

I honestly dont think his game has dropped off as much as it appeared. I still think he can pot 20 goals next year.

At the very least, 2M is a nice contract for him, and frees up more cap space for the Avs next year!

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote