View Single Post
Old
03-25-2006, 04:38 PM
Jet
Chevel-takesadayoff

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by afterhours
I recently bought my 1st one-piece stick (Easton Stealth) and in terms of shooting it's done wonders. One thing I've noticed though is that in my stickhandling I struggle to find my usual comfortable zone.

I can still stickhandle pretty well with the stick. On rushes I can dangle the puck and make quick passes, but I find myself losing the puck more often on quick moves such as toe drags etc.

The other day I was playing around in my garage and pulled out an old Branches wood stick and my stickhandling was noticeably quicker than usual.

Does anyone have similar experiences?

Also, since I'm not a big equipment geek, are there hybrid blades out there that offer maybe a wood inlay for feel but the lightness of a composite make up?
What I did to improve my stickhandling and pass reception after I switched from wood to composite is moved my 'tape wrapping' on the blade closer together. Basically I'm putting more tape on the blade of my stick, which tends to cushion the puck a bit more and makes up for the added rigidity of the blade. Most stickhandling problems occur when the puck bounces away due to less energy absorption.

I hope this makes sense.

p.s. I use a CCM Vector 140 T. SUPER stiff stick that I can barely bend. The best stick I ever had, and I got it as an Oiler return for just 100 bucks (reg 300)

Jet is offline   Reply With Quote