View Single Post
Old
05-18-2012, 05:03 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 5949
I think shot-blocking adds a tremendous amount of intensity to the game with players laying it all on the line. I do not want to see it decreased in any way. If the intent is just to increase offense (not necessary IMO) without giving a dozen powerplays a game (necessary IMO), the simplest solution would be to reduce the size of goalie padding. The PA might cry safety but Brodeur seems to be just fine. As far as I know, he's the only goalie in the league not using gigantic equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
no way. this would never work. i also think there would be healt reason and picks would progress to get more severe and there would be certain plays where someone would get blindsided by a pick andg et severely concussed
Agreed. If picks were legal, we'd see them escalate from the subtle forms seen now during cycle-play and net-front traffic to full-on blindside hits. Players with the puck expect to be hit; Players without the puck don't. You can't go against the instincts of professional athletes like that and allow greater amounts of unanticipated contact in to the game without expecting injuries to increase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
If there's gonna be picks why don't we just play basketball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by useless View Post
bigger ice surface solves everything
No thanks.

vBurmi is online now   Reply With Quote