View Single Post
Old
11-24-2003, 06:38 PM
Volchenkov

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleHunter
I'd still turn it down. Even though our blue line is pretty much in shambles, I do not want to trade Zubrus unless I see a legit 1/2nd defenseman (preferrably the physical stay-at-home type) coming back to us. Make them both part of a larger package or whatever, but I don't think Zubrus is going anywhere unless that is the case.

Zubrus does all of the things that txpd pointed out earlier in the thread. He's been MUCH more consistent this year. He's becoming a legit go-to power forward for us. He's one of the few players that drives the net on a regular basis, his scoring has been very consistent, he's been showing up every night (unlike most of the other Caps, Jagr especially). Honestly, you'd be hard pressed to find a Caps fan that doesn't think this is Zubrus' break out year. He's on pace for 32-16-48 as it is right now, and he's been playing almost this entire first quarter of the season on the 2nd line with rookie/grinder book-ends. He's a natural RW and we have him playing pivot with a rookie and a grinder... sometimes Bondra when he's lucky (when Cassidy isn't trying to make Bondra a checking line winger... the moron : ) .

He is on the top PP unit and has 5 of his 8 on the PP. I'm looking forward to what his production is going to look like once we get Nylander back and Zubby can move back to wing either with Lang-Jagr or with Nylander-Bondra.

On top of all of this... he's cheap and young; something the Caps aren't looking to get rid of.
Ahhh, so when it comes to Zubrus, he is more valuable than a defenseman, but when it comes to Havlat - the defenseman is far more important. That was my point. Havlat is far more valuable than Zubrus (you would do a Havlat for Zubrus i assume), yet I'm asking too much when I offer Havlat for Eminger, and offering too little when I offer Rachunek for Zubrus. See the contradiction?

Havlat > Zubrus

Rachunek = Eminger (A matter of opinion/perspective)

If you'd rather have Eminger than Havlat, you would for sure rather have Rachunek than Zubrus. Eminger is by no means a legit 1/2 defenseman and Rachunek is far closer to being one (besides he's only two years older).