View Single Post
Old
05-18-2012, 08:01 PM
artilector

vCash: 500
About Semin -- sure, he's replaceable.. but I think few people here have the confidence that McPhee can find the right players to replace him with. He might pick up a couple more Joel Wards, you never know. That's the problem. I think the Caps are in real danger in going from a 2nd line that is offensively inconsistent to a 2nd that is basically offensively impotent.

As for the coach/style.. I think style has to be chosen by GM. Otherwise it's a mess -- trying to incrementally get players with the qualities that you thought were lacking "last year", and coaches bouncing in and out with different systems and trying to adjust for personnel. You need some sort of a vision -- puck-possession, trap, aggressive, w/e, and stick to it, from drafting to coaching.

When BB came in, his style and the personnel matched up ideally, even if it happened by accident. In the end, it didn't quite work, so the Caps are once again looking for an identity. But it's not good enough to just hire "the best coach" out there.

This offseason especially, I'm having a hard time coming up with trade/coaching candidates because I don't understand the overall direction that the team is going in.

artilector is offline   Reply With Quote