View Single Post
Old
03-25-2006, 07:16 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyKiller
Question to preds fans, I know much has been made of your attendance, I was just wondering if you noticed an upswing with the team playing so well?
Attendance is up significantly from last season, if I'm not mistaken. We average 14.5 or about 1.4k over last season. And considering that we have two more weekend games and two more Detroit home games, we can expect at least 4 of our remaining 7 games to be sellouts, which should up that figure.

And on Monday night against STL, almost 16k showed up. Not bad considering our barn only seats 17k and neither the opponent nor the day are optimal draws. In around 34 home games, we've only had 6 games below 12k and none below 10k and all were weekday games. And our weekend games are almost always sellouts lately (all were sellouts since Jan 21st against CBJ. Excluding CBJ, the last time we didn't have a sellout on a weekend was December 3rd). If we could avoid weekday games against lower profile teams, we'd be in great shape attendance-wise. As is, it's really good.