Thread: Speculation: Should Tambellini be fired?
View Single Post
Old
05-19-2012, 12:27 AM
Wheatking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I expect us to be drafting 8th-12th next year, if we are drafting bottom 5 then I would consider next year a monumental failure. Say what you will about him but his GMing/plan has netted us 3 elite talents for building blocks. That said he needs to start looking to other avenues besides the draft with trades being the best option at this point IMO.
We all know what Tambellini needs to do. How much faith in him do you have to actually complete these trades? His history isn't overly impressive. When picking Ryan Jones off waivers is one of your best moves in 4 seasons with a team, you probably aren't getting the job done.

I'll give him credit for blowing the team up and I'm not being sarcastic. Ewanyk for Staios was good. O'Sullivan for Vandermeer was good. Taking advantage of that loophole where buying out Nilsson actually made us GAIN cap space was pretty cool. Grebeshkov for Curtis Hamilton was good considering he was asking for way too much money.

...but when does he start to build the team back up? Any one of us could have lead this team to three consecutive 1st overall picks so I give him little credit for not screwing that up the Hall and RNH picks. The best players he's acquired have been gimmes.

Who has he brought in?

Schultz for Gilbert? Jury is still out. I like it so far though.
Potter extension? Not a fan.
Sutton? #7 Dmen aren't really worth talking about.
Belanger? He's been a bust.
Hordichuk? Good signing.
Eager for 3 years? We saw why we were his 5th team in 5 years.
Smyth? I liked it.
Barker? Terrible
Cogliano for a 2nd? Didn't mind it at the time.
Penner for Teubert and Klefbom? Won't know how good this is for a few years. Depends on Klefbom.
Foster? Didn't really work out.
MacIntyre? I'm a fan so I liked it.
Vandermeer? Bringing him in was good. Letting him go was bad.
Fraser? He was almost useless
Whitney for Visnovsky? On paper it was even. Whitney's injury history makes it a regrettable trade.
Potulny? AHLer that managed to score some goals for us with more ice time than he deserved. Can't complain.
Kotalik? Had a great 10ish games.
O'Sullivan? One of my least favorite Oilers of all time.
Claiming Boulerice? That was kind of embarrassing at the time.

Did I miss any?(Probably). I don't know about you but I'm but very impressed

Edit: Ewanyk for STAIOS was impressive. Not Stamkos. That was a pretty had typo.

Last edited by Wheatking: 05-19-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote