View Single Post
Old
11-24-2003, 07:31 PM
Harry Kakalovich

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchausen
Julien seems more and more like a pushover to me. He seems to let the media make the calls (like a lot of inexperienced coaches). The media write papers on how Perreault should not be scratched, and then Hossa is benched for Perreault.

The media ask what's going on with Hossa as he's not producing. Julien's response: We have to give him some time. He's not awful either you know and he's improving. A couple of days later, Hossa is scratched.

Media bark on Sundstrom's or Hainsey's lack of implication, a few games later they're scratched. Seems like the media are always a few strokes ahead on Julien. Weird as I never thought they knew what they were talking about anyway.

I could be wrong, but it looks like the media seem to initiate Julien's thinking process about the lineup changes a awful lot. Who's making the calls? And if Julien bends over for the media, how long will he last in Montreal?

Just food for the thoughts and speculation of course as this just crossed my mind and I did not think it through.
hmmm... did the media score 7 goals so far this season, or was that yannick perreault? did the media manage a meager 2 points in 15 games on the top line, or was that marcel hossa? it's really hard to imagine just what claude julien and bob gainey were thinking about when making this move... they must be bowing to common sens... er... i mean the media... it must be the media.