: Prospect Info:
FINAL RANGERS PROSPECT POLL RESULTS (Winter 2012)
View Single Post
05-19-2012, 02:02 PM
Sent to HF Minors
Join Date: May 2007
This is the reasonable outcome of our prospect pool:
1. Kreider and Hagelin: one very good top-6 forward, one decent one.
2. Thomas, Fasth or MZA: one good second liner.
3. Miller and Michael St. Croix: one second line center
4. Fogarty, Yogan, Lindberg: one bottom-6 center.
5. Erixon, McIlrath, Noreau, Ceresnak: two second-pair blueliners (obviously most likely McIlrath and Erixon, but there's a risk with them, and there's some potential with others).
1 first liner
3 second liners
1 Boyle-quality center (not same style, just same quality)
2 second pair defenseman
Top-6 (consistently over 45 points even in their bad seasons plus good all-around): Callahan, Stepan, Kreider, Thomas/Fasth/MZA, Miller/MSC (5 total)
Tweeners (35-50 points, depending on the season): Dubinsky, Anisimov, Hagelin (3 total)
Quality Bottom-9 (not much scoring, but good all-around): Boyle, Prust (if re-signed), Fogarty/Yogan/Lindberg, and maybe McColgan/Bourque (2-4 total).
In addition to these 10-12 young guys, we'll have Brad Richards for a while. Assuming the UFA age goes up, which should happen, the Rangers won't be in cap trouble for a while. That said, if Gaborik leaves in 2 years without being replaced by a similar scorer, the team will be in a lot of trouble offensively. Keep in mind that Brad will be 34 by then, so he will probably start to slow down.
We need to draft some offense-first players. I hope every pick this year is another version of Thomas, St. Croix and Fasth. Swing for the fences and hope you get a 30-goal scorer.
Last edited by Beacon: 05-19-2012 at
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by Beacon