View Single Post
Old
05-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Pizza

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
True, but you cant say that any other player would have been a bust. Kreider has been put in a good situation where he wasnt expected to be the savior of a franchise.

I'm starting to believe the Rangers are slowly becoming the old Devils/Red Wings, in that no matter who you draft, they will fit into the system and contribute.
It's kinda weird in a couple ways. The questions/criticisms about Kreider and what he did or did not bring were all over the place. But I distinctly remember that people were saying he had little to no hockey sense, that he was fast, big but that was about it, that we would be lucky if he were a higher end Freddy Sojostrom, that we were crazy to draft a kid from prep school and on and on.

Then I actually got to see him play a few times and I honestly wondered a little. I came away felling short changed more than once. Firstly, his team mates seemed unaware that he was on the ice or were just flat unable to hit him with a pass, I did not think he moved his feet enough. He did not seem to be a factor in many of the dozen or so games I watched. But there were flashes. Brief moments where you saw the potential clearly. But they were too infrequent and it was frustrating as hell.

Point being that how he is playing now is a ridiculously clear example that the pros knew what they were doing....and that many of us clearly did not know what we were talking about. You can never say how a player will turn out and I'm sure that even Clark is a little surprised himself. Still, I've NEVER seen a prospect validate the faith that an organization had in him the way Kreider has.

Clark and the Rangers look like swamis right now. I am left feeling strangely, weirdly confident that the picks they make will turn out pretty solid.... because the track record has been firmly established at this point.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote