View Single Post
Old
05-19-2012, 10:27 PM
Cash for Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viqsi View Post
Frankly, if we add another significant defenseman, I'd still only trade Methot - if we trade anyone at all. We had a painful lesson on what happens when you don't have sufficient defensive depth last year, and while the number and insane timing of injuries is unlikely to repeat itself, we're still inevitably going to need SOME depth.

Also, I think Tyutin for JvR is a ripoff in Philly's favor. I think JvR actually is what everyone seems to assume Nash is (i.e. grossly overrated due to easily visible talents that ought to be awesome but haven't been for him), and I want no part of that. Add that to his recent injury history and I wanna stay far far away. Tyutin's no epic badass, but he can carry the second pairing as ably as anyone in the league - that and I think he's become the heir to Klesla's whipping-boy legacy, and we all know what they think of Klesla now in Phoenix.
This entire post is right on the money....Frankly I'd rather stockpile or at least hang on to all the Dman we have currently. Why not make a position a strength...something we have never had in this franchises history at any position. And if Murray is the best player at 2, then draft him as well (still think Edmonton takes him). We can trade assets later when other teams start scrambling to shore up their blue line.
As for JVR: yeah he sucks and is exactly the type of player we don't need: injury prone, finesse, all style no substance. Not the type of guy for a rebuilding franchise at all.