View Single Post
Old
05-20-2012, 12:34 AM
Tundra

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg02 View Post
I hate posters like you. It's not like you're just respectful on the Rangers board, you also consistently make good posts (not necessarily defending the Rangers, just good hockey posts) in the series thread on the main board. It makes it very difficult to generate the necessary amount of rage over the fact that you're a Devils fan.
I'm a hockey fan, first and foremost. A devil fan a close second. I know my hockey. I know firsthand that alot of this Henrik bashing is pure, subjective homerism. Whether it's the pads or the six goalie system, it doesn't hold up in the realm of true hockey analysis. At the end of the day, those pads have to be thrown down at the right time. Henrik has to be square to the shooter despite numerous variables during an offensive zone possession.

Another funny argument I read from the detractors is that the devils didn't have Henrik "moving around enough" today with their shots. Talk to any goalie coach worth his salt and the first thing they preach against is wasted movement. Henrik exhibits very subtle little movement for a reason. That's why he makes hard saves look routine.

Tundra is online now   Reply With Quote