View Single Post
Old
05-20-2012, 05:03 AM
skymachine

vCash: 500
I haven't been to any Ranger games that will go down in history as memorable, but here are a few that are memorable to me:

Nov 1996 vs. PIT - this was the year the pens were blowing out everyone, and lemieux and jar each had 60+ goals. The Rangers won 9-4, and Mess, Graves, Leetch, Robitaille, Matteau all scored. Pat Verbeek had a hat trick. Richter was solid. I still remember the "we want 10" chants. It was awesome.

March 1997 vs. WSH - Rangers win 3-2. Gretzky and Mess both scored. It was Tik's first game at MSG as a Ranger since 94. Richter stopped a penalty shot. They had their brand new Lady Liberty 3rds on.

Nov 2011 vs. PHI - The home game after Thanksgiving that opened the 24/7 HBO series, that saw the Rangers win 2-0. Had badass seats 10 rows from the ice. Hagelin scored his first career goal.

Feb 2008 @ PHI - Steve Valiquette had a shutout and the Rangers won 2-0. Gomez scored.

Mar 2007 @ BOS - Rangers tie it with less than 2 min to go on a Thomas Pock goal, and win 2-1 in the shoot out.

Mar 2011 @ SJ - Rangers win 3-2 in the shoot out, with Dubi scoring the winner. Was 10 rows from the ice, pretty sweet.

Nov 2007 @ NJ - First Ranger game at the Pebble, Staal scored his first career goal, Rangers won 4-2.

Probably the least memorable game was that 8-5 loss @ NJ in 2008-09 where the Rangers came back down 5-1 to tie it 5-5, but ended up losing anyway. I've been to many losses, that was the worst probably.

skymachine is offline   Reply With Quote