View Single Post
Old
05-20-2012, 06:30 AM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
I attribute it to him playing with better players.

To a man, most of the guys on this Rangers squad is a better player than anyone Kreider was playing with at BC.

Guys at BC didn't know how to exploit his strengths the way an NHL player will.

They make him better, he makes them better. Reciprocal.
I think it's also part due to something you already alluded to. The BC program is about winning--it's not about what player can score the most points. They have a balanced attack and they roll their lines. I think York looked at Kreider as someone who certainly was going to help their offense but who needed to improve the most in other areas of the game. No doubt in my mind that he turned him into a better all around player which is another reason why he could step right into the playoffs and not drive Torts crazy looking like a Alexander Semin clone. He got his game rounded out at BC.

I think a lot of us did think he'd be a better pro than an amateur--improve playing with better players. I didn't think it would happen this fast though. There are some games already in which he looks like our best forward out there which is pretty amazing--time to wake up again Gabby--you played pretty well against Washington--now you've gone back to sleep.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote