View Single Post
Old
05-20-2012, 07:44 AM
Cash for Nash

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
I’m the only one on line tonight so you are stuck with me…

Great player no doubt but here’s the deal, when the names Rick Nash and Bobby Ryan come to mind which will the CASUAL NHL hockey fan know of? It’s Rick Nash….and names sell tickets.

I want him and more….Toss in an unproven Fowler and I'd consider it.
Well...Fowler is a great young player/prospect so along with Ryan by the trades scenario's outlined earlier (which was a really good summary btw) that would be gross overpayment by the Ducks imo. But I agree with you, we should only be accepting overpayment for our franchise cornerstone.

I brought this up earlier: If we got Jack Johnson + LA first round pick for Knucklehead Carter, then is Nash worth basically the same (ex Toronto first + Luke schenn and another "mediocre forward" as well.) And would Nash accept playing in Anaheim for a lousy team. In response to another thread, we can't be worried about losing Ryan after 3 years because if we are a playoff team in his last year, and have the money to spend (which we will) there is no excuse why we shouldn't be able to re sign him anyway.

I think Nash will have to expand his list of teams in the next month. Question is: Would Anaheim even be on his list?

Certainly a dream scenario for Nash for Ryan/Fowler. Sign the papers as fast as you can....