Old
05-20-2012, 10:40 AM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithBWhittington View Post
You'd prefer ol' Gord Murphy were given another nine lives here? You are right about one thing, Accountability seems to stop at the coach's office door in this organization....
I'm saying that the theory of "we're not successful because we haven't fired enough people" is inherently flawed. People rush to "it's NEW so it's BETTER", and don't really bother to think about potential long-term consequences.

We've had folks saying that hiring Mike Milbury would be preferable to continuing with Howson. In complete sincerity, without irony.

I'd like to find ourselves a superhero in the GM office too - as much as I appreciate Howson's work, it hasn't been enough. But I fear that the current fan (or F.A.N.S.) direction isn't for "better" so much as "new" or "different" (because they seem to think of all of those as the same thing), and so we could easily end up with more of the same - or worse - even if absolutely everyone is replaced top-to-bottom.

We wanted "different" with the assistants because we were convinced they were going nowhere. Look at what we got, and consider this cautionary tale.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!