View Single Post
Old
05-20-2012, 02:57 PM
trentmccleary

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
No more Condra.
Pretty well all of the Bingo kids hit a wall the last 1/3 of the season and playoffs. That shouldn't have been surprising.

He's earned another year in the league after a successful rookie year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Collins View Post
watching him on the 2nd line was agony
That means there's a problem with our talent level, not a problem with Condra on the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyManked View Post
Does everyone want to hear a mind boggling stat?

Mika Zibanejad had 1 less hit than Condra did.

Let that sink in, considering games played.
Does that really matter if he was effective for most of the year?

Want to hear another? ... 48:23 or +25. The highest takeaway:giveaway ratio on a team starting to implement a puck possession game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianHockey View Post
He has next to no offensive tools.
He has good hockey sense, which is good enough to make him an adequate passer.

Regardless, 25 points from a 3rd liner in his rookie season is a success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Sens(e) View Post
On D, while a guy like Suter or Carle will be tempting, lacking that type of signing I think we target a more value UFA. The one I have in mind is Sami Lepisto. He is terrific puck mover who has rounded out his game to become a solid two-way defender, but he was hurt last year and stuck deep on the Blackhawks depth chart (no PP time) when he did play, but his offensive talents are really quite good. At 27, his best hockey is in front of him as well and he could become part of our long-term plan. I think he would jump onto our 3rd pairing wiuth a guy like Boro or Carkner as the puck mover, but could take top 4 minutes in the event of an injury to Gonchar or whomever.
This sounds like exactly the type of move we should try to make whether we sign a proven top-4 D-man or not. We need more depth, talent and youth in the D-corps and the there's quite a gap amongst our prospects right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
yip. garrison will be close to or just above 5mil. i'd be ok with that though.
Yikes. That seems like a huge risk for a guy with so little track record. If he turns back into a pumpkin, that contract would be an albatross.

trentmccleary is offline   Reply With Quote