View Single Post
Old
05-20-2012, 03:58 PM
SkilledViking

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLOBI View Post
Have you guys never heard of Donovan Davis? He came to Canada at the age of 16 and made a AA team. He was drafted the next year to the OHL and amassed 32 goals and 35 assists in his rookie year for the Windsor Spitfires. The following year he was hit by a car and was never able to play hockey again :'( . He would have probably been their captain. Oh well.

I do wish the Jamaican team the best of luck in this pursuit. I just think the odds are pretty stacked against them. The teams that are going to be in the tournament regardless are;

Canada, USA, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Belarus, and I don't think the Swiss are going anywhere. So are the Jamaicans going to take a spot from Norway or Lativia? And of course there are other teams waiting to get into the top 12 so I'd say it's impossible.

Norway are already qualified to the olympics as they currently are ranked at 8#.

I agree it will take a MINIMUM 20 years for them to develop the sport enough to even consider going to the Olympics. The first thing is getting kids interested in the game. I am not sure how many ice rinks there are in Jamaica, but if I were to guess I would say not too many.

Good luck Jamaica... hope to see you in the finals one day
Norway are ranked as 8# in the world, so they are already qualified for the olympics. Regardless they wouldn't stand a chance against them!

SkilledViking is offline   Reply With Quote