View Single Post
Old
03-26-2006, 12:14 AM
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16
I think Hitch does see the difference between a first year player and a veteran. Veterans will always get more ice time with regards to Hitch, even if the first year player is a much better player than the veteran player that Hitch is giving ice time to.

I don't care if Hitch is going to dole out ice time like that. What I want from Hitch is to be fair and for 3/4 of the season, he wasn't fair with the ice time. It's only been recently that he's been giving the Carter line more ice time. When that line was playing good hockey in November and December, he didn't give that line any additional ice time. To a certain extent, I think Hitch screwed Carter out of the ROY award (even of Ovechkin is going to win). If you take a look at Carter's performace this past week and change, with the added ice time, he's been putting up numbers that would be favourable to the big two. But I digress. In the long term, Carter should be the better rounded player because of the Hitch experience. But Hitch does need to lighten up a bit on the first year players though. I'm looking forward to someone pulling a Latrel Spreewell on him.
It doesnt matter to me that Carter got "screwed" out of the Calder by Hitch giving him less PT earlier in the season. Hitch wants his players to playa certian way. There is no need to rush Carter or Richards into 1st or 2nd line minutes every night. Carter was not ready for it for one coming off his bout with mono and dealing with the weight loss.
I want these guys to develop into really good all around hockey players that are going to help us for many years. 2 or 3 years from now we are all going to forget the PT that these kids didnt get earlier this season.

Last edited by GoneFullHextall: 03-26-2006 at 12:22 AM.