View Single Post
Old
05-20-2012, 06:00 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovazub94 View Post
Except for kills penalties - you described Mitchell's game to a t. What makes Dubi - a top six player better than Mitchell - a forth liner is not this.
Easy. Mitchell "grinds" to an extent. And he "tries" to throw his body around. There are times where he doesn't finish his check. He is simply not that physical. He is willing to battle along the boards but for the most part he either loses them or he will win the puck battle and then turn the puck over because he worn down from the board battle. He is not that strong. It is not his fault but it is what it is. His faceoff ability is his strength but like I said I don't think that is an area we have to worry about as much with the Devils.

Rather the veteran Rupp. Rupp has gotten some good scoring chances from being in good position. He goes to the net more, hits more and harder, and it has been made clear this year that opposing players are afraid of him. He doesn't need to fight. You haven't seen really anyone take liberties at the rangers and its because they'd have to answer to Rupp. I strongly believe that. He had Del Zotto's back in florida, dropping Kopecky. He was there all year when the flyers and devils tried to goon it up against our young team. He set the tone during the year that it isn't going to work that way. He needs to be out there. But not just for protection. You watch 24/7, you listen to the way torts has talked about him...he has a lockerroom presence. He won't sit.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote