Thread: Value of: Mikael Backlund
View Single Post
Old
05-21-2012, 03:03 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
Great, then keep him. If "on pace" means anything then Giordano would have had 39 points. Weber couldn't keep a regular spot for a blueline that is average at best. Weber is extremely one dimensional and Giordano, Bouwmeester and Babchuk all were on pace for more points than him. I dislike Weber as a player. I don't think he's even an NHLer for most teams. Would you trade Eller for Babchuk? Because that's basically what you're asking us to do.
Again, where did I say you NEED weber or you absolutely MUST trade Backlund for Weber? I merely suggested Weber is better than Connolly.

As for the reasons we wouldn't keep him. Well, if you prefer an 'established' kaberle, then i'd rather trade him. Habs have other needs and to leave a guy as #7 D and ruin his potential while the forward corps sucks isn't very logical.

Btw, if we do it your way and exclude 'on pace' weber finishes 3rd on the flames D for points.

In an ideal world Weber gets a chance to develop but with Gauthier's genius acquisitions we have vets on the decline that cant be traded and have more of a track record so will get the benefit of the doubt over him.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote