Old
05-21-2012, 12:11 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernmeister View Post
We have a winner^!

IMO:

Suter just wants to show he can command top dollar and attention in the market. But I am unaware there is any reason for him not to return to Preds, especially with their commitment to a top G already in place. So unless they insult him with a lowball offer, I say odds favor --- not 100% certain, he could still get blown away with overpayment, but all things equal --- IMO Suter returns.

Weber has not said he just wants out, to anywhere; he supposedly wants to 'go home' -- thought to be NW pacific i.e., hometown Canucks, maybe Oilers.

Rangers (like any other team) willingness of add Weber for a Cup run as a rental has be be viewed as just that. So while I don't doubt SOMETHING could be worked out, even assuming it is the best offer, Rangers can not overpay so crazy it depletes and guts the team.

McDonagh is a top D in this league with a still higher ceiling. He is not being traded unless and uber-elite (Malkin, Stamkos) is involved.

Kreider is not going anywhere.
As a matter of theory, it would be stupid for the Rangers to trade him until we know what his top ceiling is. For this reason, unless an uber-elite is involved, he goes nowhere.

A more reasonable fit to the OP is :
to Preds: Gaborik
to Rangers: Weber (rental); rights to Radulov; 2012 1st
Besides the fact that we don't have a 1st that proposal is very very bad.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote