View Single Post
Old
05-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Simply put, I think we need to wait another couple years before we do anything drastic like trading away one of our Centers or our prospects.

Givve everyone a couple years playing together to see what were working with before we trade away the farm.

If everything goes as it should, Duchene, Downie, and Mueller will all be back at 100% and ready to go next year, lets see what Duchene can do healthy and not worrying about a contract anymore before we decide to trade him. And lets get a full season of Barrie and/or Elliott at the NHL level before we decide to add them in any deals.

Remember, were entering year 4 of a rebuild, and most rebuilds generally take 5+ years before a team is competitive, were on a good pace for our rebuild, as in year 3 we almost made the playoffs, another couple years at this pace and we'll be contenders.

And if something goes wrong, and we suck next year, well we have our 1st round pick this time, so doing terrible isnt the end of the world, as 1 more Top 3 or 4 pick is all we need at this point. Part of me wishes we had sucked 2 years ago instead of making playoffs. Imagine this team with Taylor Hall on the wing or Erik Gudbranson on the back end. Obviously making the playoffs is great, but we would be alot better off now with that extra Top 5 pick like the Oilers.

Anyway, I think it would be a huge mistake to make any big changes this offseason, besides going after Parise and Suter I think we should do nothing. Sign replacments if Jones or dare I say McClement arent resigned.

Pierce Hawthorne is offline   Reply With Quote